Recommended network architecture is an Ethernet-based network and the network should be dedicated to RTLS if possible.
You should make sure that the following points are considered during the network planning:
- The cables should not exceed a 100 m length (min. category: Cat 5E) between the power source and the anchors.
- For longer distances PoE extender can be employed.
- All the cables are tested after deployment - cables provide a reliable data connection and power.
- The anchors should have a dedicated VLAN or isolated network to RTLS Studio if possible.
- Make sure that no or properly configured access lists are active on the switches within the network.
- The anchors and the server are located on the same subnet in case of UDP synchronization.
- If anchors and RTLS Studio cannot be at the same subnet TCP synchronization must be used.
- Make sure the firewall is properly configured and all necessary communication ports are allowed.
The default IP address range of the RTLS is: 192.168.225.0/24
Ethernet topology example: