As myRTLS On-Premise does not have access to the public network and to myRTLS Cloud, the new license needs to be added manually.
How to change the license for myRTLS On-Premise version?
In our example, we have a license with expiration in March 2025.
We have a new license that enables us to extend the license till March 2026. See the steps below.
- Download the new license from your site on myRTLS.com.
Despite you have an On-Premise version, you need to go to myRTLS.com to get your new license
- Connect to the server where myRTLS On-Premise is installed via SFTP client (for example WinSCP)
Use the static IP address of your server where myRTLS On-Premise is installed.
- Go to the directory where myRTLS is installed on the local server.
- You can find /licenses directory there. In the directory, the license is located.
- Delete the old license and copy there the new license that you downloaded from myRTLS.com.
- Connect the server where myRTLS On-Premise is installed via SSH client (for example Putty) or use the server terminal.
Go to the directory where "docker-compose.yaml" is located
Restart service myrtls.server.
See below the command to restart docker composer:
- When the service is restarted, you can access myRTLS On-Premise GUI (default 192.168.225.2:7253).
In the section License, you can see that the new license is there and the expiration date is now March 2026.