The Sensmap tutorial will remain active until you pass all the steps. You may drop it at any time by clicking the Cancel button or by pressing ESC key and run it again after you have refreshed the page.
Launch the Sensmap Visualization tool from the RTLS Studio by clicking its icon:
Go to building settings.
- Create a new building by click on the Building icon.
- To set up your building, press Next.
- Fill in your building name. And add new plan.
- Insert your floor plane name. And choose type of floor plan:
- Blank plan if you don't have exact plan (for test purpose).
Custom plan file, prepare the map layout of your building in JPG or PNG format. Plan must have precise proportions and should not be larger than 5 MB. If you don't have floor plan you can choose blank plan
- Relative distances and positions from RTLS system need to be mapped to real coordinates of the building’s floor plan. Set scale for your floor plan by setting a distance between two points.
Set the points using left clicks on mouse. You should choose spots on the plan which can be easily measured by a tape or by laser measurement tool for verification.
- Now you can either set the point of origin for Cartesian axis system or skip it.
- Click on the save button in order to save your floor plan settings.
You can measure anchors coordinates via laser meter and put them into Sensmap manually or you may try to use Anchors Auto-Deployment feature, currently in Beta stage.
Precise Anchors’ coordinates in centimeter accuracy level are crucial for precise positioning.
You can later adjust the Anchors’ positions by using the Anchors’ “Edit” button.
- Then it is needed to place the Tags, which are represented by blue markers. If they have already been turned on, they will be automatically added to the plan in this step, since they are already registered within the system.
After all the steps are finished, the tutorial is complete, and you can start locating. More information about Sensmap can be found here.