You should make sure that the following points are considered during the network planning:
- The cables should not exceed a 100 m length (min. category: Cat 5E) between the power source and the anchors. For longer distances PoE extender can be employed.
- All the cables are tested after deployment - cables provide a reliable data connection and power.
- The anchors should have a dedicated VLAN or isolated network to RTLS Studio if possible.
- Make sure that no or properly configured access lists are active on the switches within the network.
- The anchors and the server are located on the same subnet in case of UDP synchronization. If anchors and RTLS Studio cannot be at the same subnet TCP synchronization (beta) must be used.
- Make sure the firewall is properly configured and all necessary communication ports are allowed.
The default IP scope of the RTLS is: 192.168.225.0/24